Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Happy Birthday to You!!

I made this card for the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge #147 - Birthday Girl. I used the Tin Roof stamp and embossed it in silver. I cut down that panel with a stitched rectangle die from Simon Says Stamp. Next I layered the panel in a piece of silver cardstock, and mounted on this on a card base of blue violet from Simon Says Stamp. The sentiment is from All About You by CAS-ual Fridays. I cut the words apart to make the sentiment horizontal and stamped it on a stitched fishtail tag of the same blue violet cardstock and embossed it in white. The die cut You is Is from the 2 Yous dies from CAS-ual Fridays. I die cut 3 white and 1 blue violet and layered the 3 white die cuts together and embossed the top 3 times with silver embossing powder and finished by mounting them on the blue violet die slightly offset.

Thank you for coming by and having a look.  Susan


5 comments:

LisaH said...

Had to stop by to say what a gorgeous card Susan!!! So elegant!

Claire said...

It's amazing how different the Tin Roof set can look, depending on what colour you've stamped it in! It looks fabulous in silver and I love the embossed sentiment. Almost look like melted metal! Thanks for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays!

Åsa said...

Great card! I love your design and the colours.

Anonymous said...

Your cards are beautiful!! Using rose gold was such a great idea!!

Wei Wei said...

Very cool and fab card! Thank you for sharing at CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

All about Layering Day 4